Kentucky Derby Tour
Take a 30 minute, guided walking tour of historic Churchill Downs Racetrack. Learn about past Derby winners and the rich history of this historic location. Visitors will walk through the property to the paddock and out to the grandstand learning trivia and fun facts along the way.
Bring your camera!
This tour is wheelchair accessible
The Greatest Race
• Watch the Museum’s epic 18-minute film that puts you at the center of the Kentucky Derby experience. It is projected larger-than-life in one of the world’s only 360° theatres using the highest quality laser projection available today. The movie will send your heart racing and emotions soaring.
Kentucky Derby Museum Stable
• *Stable temporarily closed. Our Thoroughbred and companion pony Tatanka is currently living offsite at a farm for safe-keeping during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Right outside the Museum into the Oaks Garden Terrace, you will find our live, permanent stable exhibit. Here is where we house a Resident Thoroughbred and our companion pony.
• Also located in the garden terrace are the gravesites of five famous Kentucky Derby winners, Brokers Tip (1933), Swaps (1955), Carry Back (1961), Dust Commander (1970), and Sunny’s Halo (1983). Second place 2008 Derby finishing filly Eight Belles is interred in the Museum’s back garden under a Magnolia tree planted in her honor.
• With two floors of interactive, family-friendly exhibits, the Kentucky Derby Museum takes visitors through every stage of a Thoroughbred’s life, from birth to the First Saturday in May. Learn about all the great history of the race dating back to the inaugural running in 1875 to our most recent Kentucky Derby champion and experience all the traditions that have transformed the race into what it is today.