Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?
Register now!
Support the ALA

ALA Publications

ALA 2014 Annual Convention

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Where can I buy female endlers livebearers?

User information
Group:
Registered Users
I'm looking for female endlers livebearers to breed in my 10 gallon planted tank with some males I have bought. I looked at many sources online, but found them unreliable. Moreover, breeders do not like to sell females in stores Could someone point me out to a safe source, with zero guppy contamination within the line (on the internet or near Southern California)?

Posted on: 2011/8/28 16:35
Create PDF from Post Print Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Report Top

Re: Where can I buy female endlers livebearers?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

User information
From Denver, CO
Group:
Registered Users
Theres plenty on Aquabid.com or check out Swampriveraquatics.com, Swamp river has a wide variety of pure endlers.

Posted on: 2011/8/28 20:20
Create PDF from Post Print Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Report Top

ALA Member
ALA Member

User information
Group:
ALA Members
AdrianHD at SwampRiver is the most important breeder of Endlers today. If you get them from Adrian, you can be sure there is no guppy DNA. What about your males though?

Posted on: 2011/8/31 18:43

ALA Member
ALA Member

User information
From Grand Rapids MI
Group:
ALA Members
Adrian has some great fish. I love to look at his photos. However, whenever you see something like "strain developed by" they are no longer true wild type. As soon as you start breeding for a specific color pattern or trait you start developing a domestic strain. They may be 100% P. wengei but they are not truly wild stock any more than a fancy guppy can be called a wild type even if it is 100% P. reticulata. Once bred for a specific trait they really need to be called an aquarium strain and not wild type.

Fortunately, I believe he does keep truly wild type that he then uses to develop his other strains from.

Good luck these are fun fish to keep and always in demand.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 21:00
Grand Rapids MI

ALA Member
ALA Member

User information
Group:
ALA Members

Posted on: 2011/9/2 19:15

User information
Group:
Registered Users
The Endler Shop also has them:

endlers1.com

Posted on: 2011/9/4 13:59

ALA Member
ALA Member

User information
Group:
ALA Members
That photo on the Endler Shop home page sure looks like a hybrid to me. That pastal blue is a dead give-away. Unless it just looks like pastal because of the photo.

I noticed also that they are selling class P endlers only, which means they do not have traceability to Cumana that a class N variety would.

Nothing wrong with class P fish, it just isn't verified pure endler with 100% certainty.

Posted on: 2011/9/16 23:23

User information
Group:
Registered Users
The endler shop has both p and n class.

Posted on: 2011/11/26 2:23

User information
From Holland
Group:
Registered Users
True! Adrian Hernandez has both! Wildguppies and wildtype guppies...

Although, a strain can be called pure. That doesn't mean they're actual wildguppies in this case. I myself have also domesticated strains as well... Which are bred from mutations and those I've kept solitair from the actual strain. I've got some and now they're delivering male offspring which are for about 95% the same appearance as the first mutations.

I do own wildguppies, wildtype guppies (mutations and hybrids) and other rare livebearers...

Take care, "S"

Posted on: 2012/1/14 17:56

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.
You cannot use signature.