Referenced Registration Event:
ALA Convention Livebearer Show Rules
1. $3 per entry
2. All checks are to be made payable to the ALA <YEAR> in US funds or Paypal see convention website for details.
3. Entry fees are not refundable.
Show Exhibitor's and Entries Qualifications
1. All classes are open to any aquarist, ALA membership is not required. Must be register for the convention if not a member of the ALA or the host club.
2. There is no limit to the number of entries per exhibitor.
3. No exhibit will be entered in more than one class.
4. Only ONE entry permitted in each tank unless using a divider, providing the entries are in the same class.
*All entries must be in the tanks by 6pm Friday May 24, 2019
1. Entries must be pre-registered. The host club will announce the deadline date.
2. All exhibits must be set up on either Friday, between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM or on Saturday between 8:00 AM and 10am.
3. Tampering with any exhibit other than that which belongs to oneself is strictly forbidden. If an entry needs to be moved for any reason the Show Committee will do so.
4. No extensions or early teardowns without prior permission of the Show Committee.
5. All exhibits will be under the full control of the Show Committee while in the show, they must remain there for the duration of the show.
6. Items not claimed by 10am on Sunday morning will become the property of ALA.
7. Neither the Hotel, nor the American Livebearer Association, nor the host cub, nor any other organization associated with the convention show will be held responsible for any loss or damage incurred during the show. Exhibitors do have a responsibility to be careful with water.
8. Exhibitors may choose to have their exhibits auctioned. The exhibitor is responsible to be sure that those fish are bagged and properly labeled after judging is completed.
1. ALA Show Standards will be used for cultivated strains and wild species of Poecilia sphenops, Poecilia latipinna, and Poecilia velivera, and cultivated stains of Fancy Xiphophorus. Guppy classes are judged using the IFGA standards. See http://www.livebearers.org/content/show-standards for these standards.
2. Judging will take place on Saturday afternoon. No unauthorized people will be permitted in the show room during the judging. The show room will be open to the public on Saturday evening after completion of the awards Banquet.
3. Decisions for the awards will be final and are not subject to appeal.
4. Classification and size of fishes to be determined by references chosen by the Show Committee.
5. Photography class: Judging will be based on art, technical skill, and the ability of the Judge to identify the subject(s). No photos of photographs are allowed. All prints must be of a living animal. All entries must have been taken by the exhibitor. Digital prints should be as close to the original image as possible, (non-manipulated). These are photographic images that haven’t been wildly altered from the originals with software tools (like Photoshop, In-design, Illustrator etc.), prior to printing or scanning. Exhibitors may use these computer editing tools to adjust for contrast, exposure, cropping and other traditional adjustments that could be obtained through a traditional darkroom process. Only basic image corrections such as sharpening, saturation, cropping, color balance and removal of dust, scratches or water spots are allowed. All photos should be at least 5”x7” or larger. Title of print or fish identification should be clearly marked on the back of the image or mount. Nothing should be on the photograph though that would identify the photographer. It is suggested that the prints be mounted on stiff backing or matted but is not required.
1. Containers: All non-photography entries will be displayed in flat-sided containers. All containers should be bare and have a solid background. Plants or decorations are not recommended. ALA will have a limited supply of containers for pre-registered travelers which must be requested during registration to be reserved. Please note on registration form how many you will need.
2. Air: ALA will try to provide air to within four feet of all exhibits. Exhibitors are to supply their own tubing, and air stones. Sponges and box filters are optional. There will be no open air lines. There should be an air outlet within 4 ft of all tank locations.
3. Stands: Tables will be provided for all exhibits 2.5 gallons to 10 gallons. Exhibits over 10 gallons will require their own stands. Exhibits are not permitted to sit on the floor.
4. Lighting: No lights or reflectors are required.
5. Covers: All exhibits are to have full covers of the exhibitor's choice for the protection of the specimen(s) being displayed.
6. Heaters: The show area is normally maintained at a minimum of 70 degrees. Heaters are not permitted.
7. Water: A limited amount of de-chlorinated city water will be available at room temperature.
8. Sprays: NO SPRAY TYPE WINDOW CLEANERS PERMITTED IN THE SHOW AREA.