Join the ALA
Join the ALA
Join or Renew your American Livebearer Association Membership
Membership in the ALA is open to any interested club, individual or household on a yearly basis, and is non-transferable. Dues include:
- A one year subscription to our Livebearers Journal publication, published quarterly in a full color PDF document, which includes articles for all levels of livebearer hobbyists.
- A one year subscription to our e-Trader, a monthly business newsletter distributed by MailChimp e-mail, including news and updates on .our annual convention, board committee reports, and our .exclusive “Trading Post” for sale and purchase of rare and unusual livebearer species
- Access to our 47-year back issue library (over 225 issues of Livebearers), downloadable for printing for personal use.
- Access to our 7 Special Publications, a compilation of Livebearer journal articles covering specific species (Goodeids, Xiphophorus , Guppies, Poecilia, for example) downloadable for printing for personal use
- Full access to the ALA website
- Participation in our Breeders Award Program (BAP) and Brood Record Program (BRP)
- Participation in our Species Maintenance Program (SMP) for domestic and wild-type livebearers
- Membership in the North American Goodeid Working Group (NAGWG) for long-term maintenance of at risk in the wild Mexican Goodied species
- Discounted registration to our Annual Convention
- The privilege to run for office and vote in ALA elections; hold a committee chair position reporting to the BOD, and membership in these committees.
Your dues also support our Vern Parish Research Fund (VPF), which supports scientific research on livebearer species, and Langhammer Fund for Conservation (LFC).
We need our e-mail address to add your name to our membership roster, to send you the publication Livebearers and the monthly e-Trader, and in the event we need to contact you.
If you are renewing a membership, please check to make sure your membership information is up to date at PayPal. Please register with your FIRST and LAST name. Thank you!